Blue Sky Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre is delighted to introduce new services to our facility. We are now offering Trigger Point Injection as well as, Methionine Inositol Choline Injections, Vitamin B and Acu-point Injection Therapy.
Trigger point injection-therapy
Pain related to a discrete, irritable point in skeletal muscle or fascia, not caused by acute local trauma, inflammation, degeneration, neoplasm or infection.The painful point can be felt as a nodule or band in the muscle, and a twitch response can be elicited on stimulation of the trigger point. Palpation of the trigger point reproduces the patient’s complaint of pain, and the pain radiates in a distribution typical of the specific muscle harboring the trigger point.
Vitamin B12 is one of the most important substances for our health. Its most important role is in the formation of red blood cells, DNA synthesis and neurological function. Low levels of B12 can cause fatigue, disorientation, loss of appetite, diarrhea, loss of memory, eye problems, and in the extreme, damage to the nervous system.
- Boost energy and alleviate chronic fatigue
- Boost the immune system
- Improve general metabolism
- Aid in the metabolism of fat and general weight loss
- Regulate appetite
- Aid in liver function
- Aid in the expulsion of toxins
- Regulate sleep patterns
- Regulate general mood
- Alleviate depression and feelings of anxiety
- Improve overall health
- Slow the aging process
- Improve hair, nail and skin condition
Methionine Inositol Choline (MIC) Injection:
Methionine Inositol Choline (MIC) is one of the ten essential amino acids. The injection is a combination of three amino acids and B vitamins, in particular, pyridoxine (B6), Folic Acid and methylcobalamin (B12). Depending on what is targeted, various other amino acids or B vitamins may be added.
The MIC injection is prescribed to:
- Optimize liver function by metabolizing fat and expelling toxins from the body
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol
- Aid in both appetite and weight control
- Increase fat metabolism and dissipate the abnormal buildup of fatty depositsAid in the body’s metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates
- Improve brain function and harmonize the nervous system
- Bolster the immune system
- Boost energy and prevent fatigue
- Alleviate depression and anxiety
- Improve hair and skin tone
Acu-point Injection Therapy
Also known as Biopuncture, the therapy involves the injection of various substances including vitamins, herbal extracts, homeopathic dilutions, and various other supplements. The therapy is a companion procedure to traditional acupuncture because the injection activates the relevant acupuncture points. Acu-point Injection Therapy is used to treat various afflictions as well as to maintain overall health by preventing disease. It is a relatively painless procedure, often resulting in near immediate relief.