Blue Sky Gym Facility consists of high cardio standard equipment and free weights. Our facility is a spacious and breathable environment with built-in air conditioning and high ceilings.
Blue Sky Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre offers variety of group and private classes to help you obtain your best physical and mental state. These classes include, therapeutic yoga under supervision of a physiotherapist, tai chi and personal training.
Information sessions about acupuncture are also offered every last Saturday of each month. Please contact Blue Sky to find out about the schedule of classes.
Gym Fitness Classes
Blue Sky Gym Facility Info
- High cardio standard equipment and free weights
- Breathable environment with high ceilings and air conditioning
- Built in mirrors and speakers
Group Fitness Classes
Core and weight loss program: In this program focus is on core and upper back strength. Each session starts with cardio. Together with, a healthy diet and this unique program we will help you achieve a healthy life style, and lose weight.
One-to-One Fitness Session
- Personal/fitness training under supervision of a registered kinesiologist or a personal trainer
- Training classes are one hour and are offered 4, 8 or 12 times a month
Blue Sky Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre offers yoga classes under supervision of a physiotherapist. Our yoga teacher integrates alignment-based on Vinyasa flow, builds strength, incorporates deep relaxation and trains breathing exercises (pranayama).
At Blue Sky Physiotherapy we offer private yoga sessions, this provides our instructor to personalize a practice only for you to help you achieve your goal faster. We also offer men’s yoga.
There are many health benefits by incorporating yoga into your exercise program that includes
- Calm stress and anxiety
- Muscle strength
- Reduce back pain
- Increase joy and vitality
- Weight loss
Tai Chi Classes
Blue Sky Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre offers Tai-chi classes under supervision of a physiotherapist.
Tai chi has become very popular among seniors for achieving and maintaining your health and well being. In one study, adults who practiced tai chi three times a week for 12 weeks (1 hr. classes) were given a battery of physical fitness tests for measuring balance, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility – both before and after trial intervals. Statistically significant improvements were observed in all balance, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility measures after six weeks, and they increased further after 12 weeks.
Here are some other benefits reported from the continuous practice of tai chi:
- Reduction of stress and blood pressure
- Improvement of posture
- Reduction of pain
- Practicing tai chi 3 – 5 times a week may have cardio – vascular benefit
- Studies suggest a 150 lb. person can burn 270 calories per hr
- One study showed that practicing tai chi might assist maintenance of the immune system
- Improvement of mental focus
- Relaxation by enjoyment and fun in a group camaraderie environment